Bolton fans attending last night’s EFL Trophy match were treated to an absolute wonder goal from midfield maestro Ali Crawford.
On the stroke of half time, after already testing the Rochdale goalkeeper Jay Lynch from a free-kick earlier on in the game, Ali Crawford nestled a beautifully curled effort into the top corner.
Naturally, Wanderers fans were quick to leap at the chance to praise the midfielder’s wonder strike which surely must go down as Bolton’s goal of the season so far.
- Why the EFL Trophy could be vital in Keith Hill’s Bolton plans
- Keith Hill happy with progress but wants more with Rochdale on horizon
- Wanderers CEO hints at arrival of new kit
The goal, which you can watch in the highlights above, was quickly posted to social media and fans were certainly pleased with what they saw.
MORE BOLTON STORIES
- Is Yoan Zouma the best option to plug Bolton’s defensive gaps?
- Will Buckley to keep place as striker injury crisis persists
- Jason Lowe: Bolton midfielder reborn under Keith Hill
The goal is Ali Crawford’s first since signing for Wanderers on deadline day after leaving Doncaster Rovers on a free following a poor first season at the Yorkshire club.
Crawford has played in every game for Keith Hill’s side since joining and the Wanderers boss will no doubt be wanting to see more of the same from the Scot.
The midfielder has threatened on several occasions from free-kicks and finally made the most of his chance last night. Hopefully, we can see a few more efforts like this as the season progresses.