Wanderers winger Dennis Politic is reportedly the target of both Aston Villa and Wolves according to Football Insider, also reported by the Birmingham Mail.
The 19-year-old Romanian youth international has impressed many so far this season with his silky skills and wicked right foot.
Politic is the only Bolton youth player to keep his place in the side on merit since Keith Hill took charge at the UniBol, with Yoan Zouma and Sonny Graham coming in to replace the injured Jake Wright and Liam Bridcutt in the last few games.
- Josh Emmanuel offers up much improved perfomance against Blackpool
- Blackpool’s Liam Feeney back to his average self in Bolton draw
- Can Bolton cope as Liam Bridcutt set for lengthy spell on the sidelines?
After impressing for Wanderers so far this campaign, it’s hardly surprising to see interest in the young Romanian mount up.
Both Wolves and Villa are reportedly interested in making a January swoop for the Bolton wide man with Wolves’ Nuno Espirito Santo said to have tasked his scouts with compiling a dossier on the winger.
- How Bolton’s new kit ranks against Wanderers kits of the last decade
- Joe Dodoo: What do we know about new Wanderers signing?
- ‘Scottish Messi’ – Wanderers fans react to Crawford wonder goal
Politic has been with Bolton since 2018 when he joined the Wanderers youth setup from Manchester United where he had previously been plying his trade for six years.
After a loan spell at recently promoted League 2 side Salford City last season, which saw the youngster net twice in 13 appearances for the club, Politic was fast-tracked into the Bolton team this season but has impressed both the manager and fans, keeping his place in the process.
It would be catastrophic if Wanderers were to sell another one of their promising youth talents after the likes of Rob Holding, Zach Clough and Luca Connell all bid farewell to Bolton in the past few seasons.