Bolton centre-back Jack Hobbs has impressed hugely since his return to the UniBol this season.
A string of fine performances was topped off with a man of the match award from Sky Sports for his commanding display in the televised Blackpool clash.
Speaking to Sky Sports after the Monday night match, Jack Hobbs revealed that his decision to stay at Bolton was ‘easy’ and that the club had ‘looked after him very well physically’ in his first 12 months as a Wanderers player.
- Josh Emmanuel offers up much improved perfomance against Blackpool
- Blackpool’s Liam Feeney back to his average self in Bolton draw
- Can Bolton cope as Liam Bridcutt set for lengthy spell on the sidelines?
The 31-year-old defender never really earned a settled place in the starting line up last season.
However, this time around, the former Nottingham Forest and Liverpool man could be the perfect option to lead the defensive line, especially with centre-back counterpart Jake Wright currently out injured.
While a little slow off the mark, some of the blocks and tackles Hobbs made during the 0-0 draw with Blackpool were heroic and few could complain about the decision to award man of the match to the defender.
- How Bolton’s new kit ranks against Wanderers kits of the last decade
- Joe Dodoo: What do we know about new Wanderers signing?
- ‘Scottish Messi’ – Wanderers fans react to Crawford wonder goal
Hopefully, Jack Hobbs’ decision to stay at Bolton can be rewarded this season.
Whether or not Bolton can overcome a massive points deficit and stay up remains to be seen but if Hobbs continues to put in shifts as we’ve seen since his return to Wanderers, there is every chance the big defender can become another fan-favourite alongside the already universally popular Yoan Zouma.