After failing to complete a deal for Bolton Wanderers last month, Laurence Bassini is believed to be planning a second bid for the club now it has entered administration.
According to Sky Sports News, the former Watford chairman will be speaking to administrators at the club on Friday with an eye on tabling a new bid for the club.
Bassini told Sky Sports News that: “I didn’t want to do it after administration, I wanted to prevent the damage that has caused, however that was not possible.
“I will be speaking with people at the club on Friday and they will have my offer” he said.
Bassini will have to join a growing list of suitors all looking to table bids for the club in the foreseeable future.
However, after recent comments from Wanderers’ manager Phil Parkinson in the Bolton News, where he stated that Laurence Bassini’s first bid caused stress for staff at the club and prolonged the process of entering administration, you have to ask whether Bassini is the right man for the club?
On the evidence we’ve seen so far, from his attempted takeover at Bolton and previous ownership of Watford, you’ve got to say that Bolton Wanderers would almost certainly fare much better without Bassini’s involvement, especially if the rumoured interest from this group of Chinese investors is genuine.